VLC Win32 binary is infected with Troj/Momma-B virus

Fantino Maurizio Maurizio.Fantino at TILAB.COM
Fri Jun 7 09:29:19 CEST 2002

I've scanned the file with Norton Antivirus and Mcafee Virus scan
(latest updates) and no virus found !

Maurizio.

I've scaned the file with TrendMicro ServerProtect, no virus found.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Hart" <hart at physics.arizona.edu>
To: <vlc-devel at videolan.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 10:15 PM
Subject: VLC Win32 binary is infected with Troj/Momma-B virus

I've been a long time user of the Linux VLC, but I just downloaded the
Win32 client to try it out on a machine here at my work, and I
discovered
tha the Win32 VLC binary installation package (current release:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.4.1/win32/vlc-0.4.1-win32.exe
)
is infected with the Troj/Momma-B Trojan type Win32 virus.

More information on this virus is available at following places:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojmommab.html
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98936

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... and I'm not sure if it's been
reported before... but felt you guys should know ;-)

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart at physics.arizona.edu>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin at tilab.com. Thank you