[LONG] Mixers - suggestions needed

Loïc Minier lool at via.ecp.fr
Mon Mar 18 02:56:57 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Why not integrating it into the audio output ? After all, that's
> where that sort of things (downmixing, resampling...) belong.

 sam explained me how the decoder / downmix / aout were organized and,
if I got it right, this would imply moving the downmixing in the aout.

 Is that what you meant ?

 sam also told me that the audio_output was aware of the currently used
decoders, and I could organize successive calls to reach the part where
I have to alter the data.

 The first solution seems clearer to me but also seems to be a big
modfication of the actual structure.

 The new audio output would then do this, after it is spawned :
1/ get stream information
2/ find an appropriated decoder
while there's data in the fifo
	1/ decode with the decoder