moving CVS commits to another list?

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed May 1 11:11:35 CEST 2002

Samuel Hocevar wrote:
>    I thought moving CVS commits to another list such as vlc-checkins or
> vlc-cvs might help having more discussions between developers instead of
> being spammed by the CVS bot. A lot of developer discussions are taking
> place privately and it might help having more on-topic discussions. What
> do you think?

I like it the way it is, CVS and devel discussions together. Moving
vlc-cvs messages to another list does not encourage discussion.
Currently vlc-cvs messages has not reached the spam level yet for me.

On the other hand developers should be encouraged and have the
discipline to discuss technical issues on vlc-devel list instead of
private. Your proposal does not change that behaviour.
--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199