CVS Commit: vlc

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed May 1 11:29:05 CEST 2002

Laurent Aimar wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>
>>Do not think so. On my machine it work perfectly and even on an iPaq.
>>You probably expierence audio underruns.
>>If so check AOUT_BUFFER_DURATION in include/config.h it should be
>>50000*2 by default.
>>The real problem is probably due to a driver issue on some machines.
>>Which audio driver are you using and which configuration (sound card) do
>>you have? Perhaps Gildas could use this information.
>

>  Thanks, but what I want to say it 's that with only some mpeg audio
> stream the sound is very very ... very bad, but it's not the same
> problem( i think ) than audio underruns. Except these few files, with
> SDL, the sound is really perfect.
>
>  It's seem that the problem happened with mpeg layer 1 audio (but i'm
> not sure, i will verify ), perhaps because the frame is 384 samples and
> other layer has 1152 ...
>
>  Beside that, I have probleme with mono audio, if i don't specify to vlc
> that it's mono audio, audio is very bad and after vlc segfault.

Can you try with and without --mpeg_adec=mad to be sure if it is mad
related?

Could you send or provide me a link to the mpeg file concerning?

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199