CVS Commit: vlc

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu May 2 19:25:07 CEST 2002

Laurent Aimar wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>
>>In mad plugin itself I do not know anything about layer I, II or III.
>>The handling of MPEG1/2 layer I, II or III is left up to the mad decoder
>>itself. So it is virtual impossible to adapt strategy there.
>

>  I don't explain correctly what i want to say, sorry.

Never mind, that is why we have a good discussion.

>  Mad library set length itself so the only thing is to check this value,
> not calculate it. But for the moment, in mad plugin vlc, this value is
> considered as a constant but i want to show you that is not th case it
> is why i copy/paste the definition of MAD_NSBSAMPLES (it is in frame.h).

Now I see what you mean. Perhaps this situation can be taken into account.

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199