VLC on Solaris

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu May 30 00:43:09 CEST 2002

À (At) 12:24 +0200 26/05/2002, "Ulrich Klar (mobile) - Sun
Switzerland Zurich - Systems Engin écrivait (wrote) :

>Within the file ./plugins/a52/a52.c on line 31 it looks like:
>
>#include <stdlib.h>                                    /* malloc(), free() */
>#include <string.h>                                    /* strdup() */
>#include <stdint.h>                                    /* int16_t ... */
>

>For and only for the Solaris platform can you please change it as follows as
>stdint.h isn't available on Solaris:
>
>#include <stdlib.h>                                    /* malloc(), free() */
>#include <string.h>                                    /* strdup() */
>#include <sys/int_types.h>                             /* int16_t ... */

Can any developer work on this ? I really don't have time right now
and I will forget. Basically we have two options, either we stick to
VLC's u16, u32, etc. and remove the dependancy on stdint.h, or we
have to test it in configure. Maybe have a look at how walken does
for liba52.

>By the way: I'd like to packegise the vlc for Solaris but right now it makes
>no sense without audio. Are there any plans to get audio working for Solaris
>SPARC ?

With the long-awaited forthcoming audio output, it will be much
easier to implement with an audio filter. What sort of transformation
do we need between PCM and Sun's audio format ?
--
Christophe Massiot.