[vlc-devel] Re: Native Win32 help

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Nov 8 16:21:56 CET 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 03:04, Ivan Mclean wrote:
> I am trying to perform a native win32 build of vlc. After struggling for a
while, I found this very simple advice on one of the vlc archives:

> I follow the instructions, and I get a successful build. When I run it,
instead of getting a GUI interface, I get a dos box with:

> vlc 0.4.5_2002-11-07 Ourumov Copyright 1996-2002 VideoLAN
>
> Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a dos command box, go
to the
> directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I intfwin"
>
> rc: remote control interface initialized, `h' for help
>
> I follow the advice (vlc -I intfwin), but this has no effect.
>
> Any ideas?

Build the intfwin interface is not straightforward because this interface
(and only this interface) has to be compiled with borland builder. The
necessary steps to do so are explained at the end of the INSTALL.win32
file.

I would advise you to first try to build the GTK interface (instead of the
intfwin one) as it is more straightforward to build. For this, you'll need
to download the gtk development package as explained in the INSTALL.win32
file (again). You'll also need to make sure you copied all the gtk dlls
from this package into the vlc directory (root directory).

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas