[vlc-devel] Re: version OSX

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Wed Nov 27 10:55:09 CET 2002

Hello,

[vlc-devel is in English]

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002, DAVOINE Jérôme wrote:

> Bonjour et félicitations pour ce projet que je trouve excellent,
>
> J'aurais aimé savoir si vous seriez interessés par un rendu OpenGL pour la
> version OSX de VLC (code probablement portable) ?
> Comme ça je pourrais apporter une modeste contribution à VLC ;)

[about OpenGL rendering for Mac OS X]

Well if you have time to code that, why not. I heard Apple added in X.2
a function to do YUV rendering with OpenGL. However, I doubt it would be
faster than the method we currently use, since we already take advantage
of the 3D chip via QuickTime. But maybe it has other advantages.

--
Christophe Massiot.