[vlc-devel] Re: Just doesn't want to work

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Oct 1 09:31:06 CEST 2002

On Monday 30 September 2002 23:09, Aurélie Le Creff wrote:

> I'm running a WinXP PC, I downloaded the vlc-0.4.4-win32.exe from your
website, installed it and try it by just opening a dvd on my E:/ drive, a
window appear, stay black and after 30s close itself down producing the
following message (see txt attached).
> If you can help me, it would be great...

We provide two different ac3 audio decoders with vlc. It seems you are using
the old one. Could you try to select the new one (the a52 decoder) from the
preferences menu in the decoders section and then "choose AC3 decoder".

This might solve your problem, although I'm not quite sure of that.
Alternatlively could you also try with other DVDs and mpeg files ?

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas