[vlc-devel] Re: Pre 0.4.5 Windows binary

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Oct 3 13:12:13 CEST 2002

Gildas Bazin wrote:
> On Thursday 03 October 2002 11:23, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>
>>>I tested the network input on my Win XP and everything was OK.
>>>
>>>Please, report any bug...
>>>

>>The UDP network acces plugin works fine with our malformed streams
>>(wrong CRC32 in PAT). However I'd like to see the RTP acces plugin in
>>there too. Is this possible?
>>

> Hmmm, isn't the RTP access plugin only available in the HEAD branch (0.5.0)
> ?
>
> --
> Gildas

That is where Tristan put his first version. At the same time he
compiled a vlc-0.4.4 with the rtp plugin in there for us twice (second
time for fixing a problem). I see that he did not commit the latest
change into the HEAD branch.

The RTP plugin works fine now (at least for us) and I think it would be
wise to include it in the vlc-0.4.5, because vls-0.4.0 will include RTP
streaming support. And we use it here.

Perhaps Tristan could submit the latest changes for RTP in the
v0_4_1_branch today.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199