[vlc-devel] Re: Pre 0.4.5 Windows binary

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Oct 3 17:05:08 CEST 2002

Alexis de Lattre wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote :
>
>>Perhaps Tristan could submit the latest changes for RTP in the
>>v0_4_1_branch today.
>

> As Tristan will probably be unavailable for such a work for the next
> week or so (he's moving to England this week), I think we should release
> 0.4.5 now and have a 0.4.6 with RTP a few weeks later.
>
> What do you think ? The vls is ready for the release : we have 3 vls CVS
> version running since last Sunday at the Ecole Centrale and everyting
> seems to work fine.

I think it is a pitty having a streamer server capable of RTP and not a
client that can receive it. The strongest point of the VideoLAN project
is having a complete client and a server solution working. So my strong
preferences is having it in and thus wait a bit.

There might be other reasons for the project to release now, but I do
not know them.
So if there are no resources available for putting the RTP plugin in
(and test it) at the moment and there are *important reasons* to release
now, then I can live with an additional release in 2 weeks with the RTP
access plugin.
--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199