[vlc-devel] First poll for VideoLAN developers

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Oct 14 14:38:49 CEST 2002

Dear friends,

We welcome in our team a student in sociology, Thomas Basset (Goon on
IRC), who is conducting a study on free/open-source software, and
in particular the VideoLAN project (and VideoLAN-related software,
such as vlc, vls, vlcs, libdvdcss, libdvbpsi).

For a month he's been examining the mailing-lists, the CVS, and
attending our own internal meetings on Sundays. He'd like to
describe more specifically organizational aspects and the
consequences of the move to the GPL license.

Because of the international nature of VideoLAN, Thomas needs to gather
data regarding all developers, wherever they are. We will therefore ask
developers to answer a limited number of polls.
The first of them is at :
        http://sociovideolan.free.fr/polls/poll1.php
and its aim is to collect data in order to elaborate a world map of
VideoLAN developers. It is important that all developers participate
to this poll. Developers include people having a CVS account, writing
documentation, or simply submitting patches once in a while (anything
that went into the CVS at one time). It isn't necessary to be in the
"core team" of a project. It is possible to remain anonymous in this
poll.

Thanks in advance for your time.

--
Christophe Massiot & Thomas Basset, sociology student at the Ecole
Normale Supérieur de Cachan and Sciences Po Paris (DEA directed by Ehrard