[vlc-devel] Re: iPaq cross-compile problem (urgent)

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Oct 15 13:29:12 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> What happens? If I built with plugins enabled the linking of SDL against
> lpthread fails, the linker complains about /usr/lib/libpthread.so.

   Try to change the sdl-config call in configure to add the
--exec-prefix=<cross-compile-dir> flag before --libs.

> How to tell the linker to link against:
>  <cross-compile-dir>/lib/lipthread.so
> and have it run on a system where the library is located in
> /lib/libpthread.so?

   The place where the linker will look for library symbols at compile
time has nothing to do with the place where the dynamic linker will look
for libraries at runtime. You can safely add -L<cross-compile-dir>/lib,
your binary will still look for /lib/libpthread.so at runtime.

--
Sam.