[vlc-devel] Re: BUGFIX: filter_deinterlace: unstable picture with BOB method

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Oct 16 12:38:06 CEST 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002, Marian Durkovic wrote:

>    looking deeper into filter_deinterlace I've found that the BOB method is
> copying both TOP and BOTTOM fields into the same position. This however
> means, that some picture details flicker through 2 lines, since the
> TOP field is always extended downwards, while BOTTOM is extended upwards:

   I had assumed that this was the expected behaviour for BOB (having
the image bob up and down). At the beginning I had thougt about what
you just implemented, but I was worried about CPU usage. Now that we
have the discard method for low-end CPUs, we can use CPU intensive
methods for better quality. Your interpretation makes more sense, I'll
apply your patch.

   Thanks for your contribution (and for the previous patch you sent).

--
Sam.