[vlc-devel] Re: 0.5.0 on BeOS

Eric Petit titer at videolan.org
Tue Oct 29 16:21:06 CET 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> I haven't gotten a working build environment for 0.5.0 yet. I think I
> vaguely know what people mean by "dependancy hell". Anyways, Eric is
> the only one currently working on the BeOS port. You can still transfer
> the application to me if you want, my BeBits ID is 3307. I will try to
> get 0.5.0 compiling as soon as possible.

Good luck Tony,

Stephan, is there any way we both have access to the Bebits page ? I can
successfully build CVS with most features enabled (got problems with
dvdplay, though). A few people on a french BeOS mailing list ask me
for "beta" binaries (<http://pepito.via.ecp.fr/videolan/>, btw), maybe
people would appreciate to have regular CVS builds on Bebits. What do
you think ?
(for non-BeOS users : vlc 0.5 is the only way on BeOS to have
mp4/aac/asf/wma/post-processing/etc)
It may be an idea for other platforms too, even if the build process is
not so hard as with BeOS.

--
Eric Petit <titer at videolan.org>