[vlc-devel] Re: 0.5.0 on BeOS

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Tue Oct 29 18:47:09 CET 2002

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > I haven't gotten a working build environment for 0.5.0 yet. I think
> > vaguely know what people mean by "dependancy hell". Anyways, Eric
> > is
> > the only one currently working on the BeOS port. You can still
> > transfer
> > the application to me if you want, my BeBits ID is 3307. I will try
> > get 0.5.0 compiling as soon as possible.
>
> Good luck Tony,
>
> Stephan, is there any way we both have access to the Bebits page ? I
> can
> successfully build CVS with most features enabled (got problems with
> dvdplay, though). A few people on a french BeOS mailing list ask me
> for "beta" binaries (<http://pepito.via.ecp.fr/videolan/>, btw),
> maybe
> people would appreciate to have regular CVS builds on Bebits. What do
> you think ?

Well, one thing we could do is setup a special BeBits account just for
VLC, for which we all know the login info. This way, it wouldn't look
like that for example "YellowBites" is publishing VLC. Tony would then
have to transfer "his" application to that account.

I tried getting current versions for automake and autoconf, but messed
things up during compilation. I tried to fix things (stupid me) in the
scripts themself, instead of simply recompiling. Then I installed the
scripts on top of my old ones, and somewhere in the process I got lost
and finally I got the message I cannot install autoconf, it needs
automake or the other way arround. That's when I gave up and gave the
thought of asking you for ready to use packages some serious
consideration....
But I can try again too.

Regards,
-Stephan