[vlc-devel] Video output freeze with mpeg_ts

Levesque, Pascal Pascal.Levesque at mindready.com
Tue Oct 29 22:02:08 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm currently using MPEG TS module and the video output on vlc freezed
always at the same place. The actual source is VLS streaming a DVD. After
investigation, TSDecodePMT() in mpeg_ts.c delete all the ES and also the
demux module.
All ES are restarted but not the demux module.

I fixed the problem by restarting the demux module by doing a
            input_SetProgram(p_input, p_es->p_pgrm );
inside the do while block.

I am not sure it is the right way to do so... Is it a viable fix? Have you
experencied the same problem?

Pascal Levesque
Director of Technology, RTS Division

Mindready Solutions Inc.