issues on irix platform

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Sep 10 15:04:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002, Bram Stolk wrote:

> 1) MIPS are MSB machines, and the FOURCC parsing works on LSB only.

   Thanks. Just fixed in CVS.

> 2) The CVS version crashes when displaying in x11 or sdl.
>    Dummy output is OK.

   Unfortunately this may have a lot of causes. I have an IRIX box here
but never tried to run VLC on it. Did you build gcc and everything, or
did you just download binaries? If so, where? :)

> 4) RV32 does not seem to work on IRIX, because if I
>    use this mode, all pixels are black (0,0,0,255).

   Oh, RV24/RV32 rendering seems to be broken indeed. Will have a look
at it.

> 5) Is there interrest in shm vout being commited to the CVS tree?

   Sure.

--
Sam.