playlist handling

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Sun Sep 15 23:05:03 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm currently working on better playlist support for the BeOS interface
plug-in. I noticed that some vlc playlist functions have a strange
behaviour. BTW, I'm talking about 0.4.3. When a stream is currently
playing, using the JumpTo() function is only modifing the playlist
itself, it dosn't take care of the actual change in what is being
played. However, if no stream is playing, it triggers playback. I would
consider this inconsistent. What's worse, when no stream is playing,
you have to jump to index_you_want-1. Is there a logic behind this? Am
I caught up in a BeOS interface specific bug? Has any of this changed
in the current tree? Is there currently some documentation on the
playlist stuff in vlc?

Thanks for any and all feedback & regards,
-Stephan