[vlc-devel] Re: About the win32 interface

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 14 10:46:42 CEST 2003

MaFai wrote:

>I get some information from the previous article.
>Quote:
>Then you need to configure vlc with the following additional flags:
>--enable-intfwin --with-bcbuilder=/path/to/borland
>
>I know I should install cbuilder first.But I have no liense for that.
>So I copy the libwin32_plugin.dll to /modules/gui/win32.
>Then I can successfully compile  the vlc with the win32 interface.(VLC 0.5.2 ,no skin version)
>
>My question:
>If I don't install the CBuilder,do any other way generate the
>default win32 interface?

No.

>If I want to add a new button to the menu of the vlc interface,how
>can I do? Can I use an IDE tools, such as VC or BC to make this?
>(VLC 0.5.2 ,no skin version)

The win32 borland interface will likely not be maintained anymore and the wxWindows interface will become the default win32 interface in the next release (0.5.4).

I then suggest you to work on 0.5.3 (or even better, CVS) and on the wxWindows interface. The wxWindows interface should be easier to compile as well, all you need to do is compile/install the wxWindows 2.4 package (www.wxwindows.org), and then compile vlc as usual.

Regards,

--
Gildas