[vlc-devel] Re: About the win32 interface

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Thu Apr 17 12:54:54 CEST 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003, MaFai wrote:
> 0.5.3 is using skin,I guess it's too complex to revise the
> interface.Moreover,I can not find the skin which is similar to the
> skin on 0.5.2 version.

The skin interface is independant from the win32 native interface, both
exist in VLC 0.5.3 and you can modify one of them without affecting the
other one. The 0.5.2 version only had the native interface.

You can select an interface using the command-line, with the -I option:
"vlc.exe -I skins" or "vlc.exe -I win32", etc...

> bpr2mak win32.bpr -s | \
>         sed -e 's@^LIBPATH = .*@&;$(RELEASELIBPATH)@' \
>             -e 's@^USERDEFINES = .*@& -DMODULE_NAME=win32@' \
>         > win32.mak && \
>  -f win32.mak -b
> /bin/bash: line 1: -f: command not found

I don't know exactly what is wrong here, but you have an easy
workaround: compile vlc with --disable-intfwin, then with BCB6 open the
project file (modules/gui/win32/win32.bpr) and compile it. It should
generate the same file as with the "normal" build.

> About www.wxwindows.org,I never reach there.May be my gateway or
> network has problem.Do videolan.org provide the package for cygwin? If
> it does,pls give me the url to download.Thank you.

Maybe this URL will work for you, it is the 2.4.0 version, for Windows:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxwindows/wxMSW-2.4.0.zip

> Refering to the api pdf,I can not find plugins/dummy/intf_dummy.c,do
> any other manual to introduce how to make a plug in and how to revise
> the interface of vlc?

plugins/dummy/intf_dummy.c is now named modules/misc/dummy/interface.c.
Except this detail the rest of the information concerning the plugins
should still be correct.

If you only want to modify an existing interface, this work is already
done, and you just need to change the appropriate files.

--
Ipkiss