[vlc-devel] Re: About the win32 interface

MaFai zh-ma at hkbn.com.hk
Fri Apr 18 12:35:39 CEST 2003

Hello, Olivier Teulière,

I use bcb5.0 to open the win32.bpr project.The compiler complain me that there is no config.h,subtitles.h and sout.h in the folder.

I search the unzip vlc0.5.2 folder.There is no subtitles.h and config.h in the folder.So I use vlc_config.h instead of config.h.Is that right?

Where is the subtitles.h? I try to comment the include "subtitles.h" in mainframe.cpp.But the mainframe.cpp really use subtitles.h  . Then i try to put subtitles.h found in vlc0.5.3 version to the vlc0.5.2 folder.
The compiler still complain sth.

And I put  /vlc-0.5.2/include/vlc/sout.h to the gui/win32 folder .

All seems correct.But I still can not compile.The error message like the following line:

[C++ Error] mainframe.cpp(205): E2451 Undefined symbol 'TSoutDlg'
[C++ Error] mainframe.cpp(205): E2451 Undefined symbol 'p_sout'
[C++ Error] mainframe.cpp(205): E2303 Type name expected
[C++ Error] mainframe.cpp(205): E2379 Statement missing ;
[C++ Error] mainframe.cpp(207): E2158 Operand of 'delete' must be non-const pointer
[C++ Warning] mainframe.cpp(695): W8004 'ActiveGB' is assigned a value that is never used
[C++ Warning] mainframe.cpp(732): W8004 'i_pos' is assigned a value that is never used

May u give me some solution? Thank u.

>On Thu, Apr 17, 2003, MaFai wrote:
>> 0.5.3 is using skin,I guess it's too complex to revise the
>> interface.Moreover,I can not find the skin which is similar to the
>> skin on 0.5.2 version.
>
>The skin interface is independant from the win32 native interface, both
>exist in VLC 0.5.3 and you can modify one of them without affecting the
>other one. The 0.5.2 version only had the native interface.
>
>You can select an interface using the command-line, with the -I option:
>"vlc.exe -I skins" or "vlc.exe -I win32", etc...
>
>> bpr2mak win32.bpr -s | \
>>         sed -e 's@^LIBPATH = .*@&;$(RELEASELIBPATH)@' \
>>             -e 's@^USERDEFINES = .*@& -DMODULE_NAME=win32@' \
>>         > win32.mak && \
>>  -f win32.mak -b
>> /bin/bash: line 1: -f: command not found
>
>I don't know exactly what is wrong here, but you have an easy
>workaround: compile vlc with --disable-intfwin, then with BCB6 open the
>project file (modules/gui/win32/win32.bpr) and compile it. It should
>generate the same file as with the "normal" build.
>
>> About www.wxwindows.org,I never reach there.May be my gateway or
>> network has problem.Do videolan.org provide the package for cygwin? If
>> it does,pls give me the url to download.Thank you.
>
>Maybe this URL will work for you, it is the 2.4.0 version, for Windows:
>http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxwindows/wxMSW-2.4.0.zip
>
>> Refering to the api pdf,I can not find plugins/dummy/intf_dummy.c,do
>> any other manual to introduce how to make a plug in and how to revise
>> the interface of vlc?
>
>plugins/dummy/intf_dummy.c is now named modules/misc/dummy/interface.c.
>Except this detail the rest of the information concerning the plugins
>should still be correct.
>
>If you only want to modify an existing interface, this work is already
>done, and you just need to change the appropriate files.
>
>--
>Ipkiss
>--

Best regards.