[vlc-devel] Re: help!!!

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 22 19:57:02 CEST 2003

On maandag, apr 21, 2003, at 02:54 Europe/Amsterdam, gogogoala123 wrote:
> Dear Progammer:
>
> VLC Media Player is really a good player!But I have a question to it!
> When I play a .avi which is converted from DVD(ex:123.AVI),
> I cannot see its subtitle(ex: 123.srt.)
> Could VLC Media Player support *.srt?
> How could I use the function?
> I am very appreciative of ypu help!!

There are about 15 subtitle formats which use the .srt and .sub
fileextension. Currently VLC only supports about 5 or 6 of them.
If you want your subtitles to be supported, you could consider sending
a small portion the .srt  file (you can open it with a text editor) to
this list. When someone has the time, he might pick it up.

Derk-Jan Hartman

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)