[vlc-devel] Re: about the exported dll method in the win32 interface

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Apr 23 13:08:32 CEST 2003

MaFai wrote:

>I know the developer has no regard of the win32 interface .But I really need it.Because I still not know how to generate wxwindows interface in cygwin.Moveover,it's easy to use CBuilder revise the win32 itnerface.For other somereason,I must use CBuilder nowadays.

It's not that we have no regard for the Borland Builder win32 interface, it's just that we swicthed to using the wxWindows GUI framework which is a lot more powerful and cross-platform. The Borland Builder win32 interface will thus become deprecated and will likely not be shipped with future versions of vlc.

This is why I strongly advise you to work on the wxWindows interface so you don't waste your time.

I uploaded pre-compiled versions of all the libs vlc is using so it should be a lot more easy to build now (including the wxWindows interface): http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/win32/contrib-20030420-win32-bin.tar.bz2

I didn't update yet the win32 build instructions but all you have to do is:

* use cygwin
* extract the above package in / (this will create a /usr/win32 directory)
* configure vlc with:
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/win32/include LDFALGS=-L/usr/win32/lib \
CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \
./configure --disable-gtk --disable-sdl \
--enable-mad --enable-a52 --enable-faad \
--enable-ffmpeg --enable-libmpeg2 --enable-theora \
--enable-dvdread --enable-dvdplay \
--with-wx-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
--enable-debug
* do a make
* you're done

>I find this line as follow:
>	    p_intf->p_sys->p_window->ShowModal();
>I seriously believe that this line will show the mainframe.But there is no EXPORTED DLL method to call Run().How the vlc.exe open the mainwindow?

look into modules/gui/win32/win32.cpp Open()
There is a p_intf->pf_run = Run;
p_intf->pf_run is what's called by vlc.exe.

Regards,

--
Gildas