[vlc-devel] Re: Can't play avi files with current version of vlc

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 29 12:19:19 CEST 2003

This means that your computer is too slow to play this file.
We are working on improving the speed of VLC.

Fact remains, that this G3 is not really suited for watching DivX and
DVD.

DJ

On dinsdag, apr 29, 2003, at 02:55 Europe/Amsterdam, Slave wrote:
> I seem to not be able to play avi files with vlc the current version.
> I am
> running MAC OS X 10.2.5 with current updates. I have 512MB memory, and
> it's
> a 266MHz PowerPC G3 (wallstreet). Any help in getting this working
> would be
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Slave.
> This is the error:
>
> main: failed allocating a new buffer (decoder stuck?)
> main: failed allocating a new buffer (decoder stuck?)
>
> This is the added report:
>
> main warning: late picture skipped (5533676)
> main warning: resampling stopped after 103196 usec
> main warning: late picture skipped (5568282)
---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc