[vlc-devel] Red Hat Release

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Fri Aug 22 16:28:54 CEST 2003

Okay, release #1 of 0.6.2 for Red Hat is now uploaded.  I had some compile problems I wanted to try and fix for a later release, so if anyone can help me out, it'd be appreciated.

Alexis, this is how the main page should look.  The devel files, src files, and xvidcore-static should be on a link to the files directory.  "ati" is not a part of the VLC program, but is an OPTIONAL fix for some ATI cards that would be needed for full-screen video.  All the other files should be listed as required librairies.

The Matroska extension still won't compile, and I'm thinking it has something to do with the -lebml_pic line.  Maybe -lebml_pic is undefined.  The custom RPM I built has Matroska in /usr/include/matroska and ebml is in /usr/include/ebml.  The configure output is below.  KaxVersion.h's only prerequisite is KaxConfig.h, which is included and has no other prerequisite.

The Xinerama extension also won't compile in, but since Xinerama.h doesn't claim any prerequisite headers, I am totally stumped on that one.

Also xvid has changed libxvidcore.so to libxvidcore.so.2.  A simple symlink in the post & build scripts fixed the dependency problem, but I'd rather get a fix into the source code for the next version.

checking EbmlVersion.h usability... yes
checking EbmlVersion.h presence... yes
checking for EbmlVersion.h... yes
checking matroska/KaxAttachments.h usability... yes
checking matroska/KaxAttachments.h presence... yes
checking for matroska/KaxAttachments.h... yes
checking for main in -lebml_pic... no
checking matroska/KaxVersion.h usability... no
checking matroska/KaxVersion.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: matroska/KaxVersion.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: matroska/KaxVersion.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: matroska/KaxVersion.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf at gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for matroska/KaxVersion.h... yes
checking for matroska/KaxAttachments.h... (cached) yes
checking for main in -lebml_pic... (cached) no

checking X11/Xlib.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xlib.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xlib.h... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... no
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf at gnu.org. ##
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
checking for XineramaQueryExtension in -lXinerama... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xv.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xv.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xv.h... yes