[vlc-devel] secstotimestr, msecstotimestr

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Tue Dec 2 03:40:54 CET 2003

Sigmund Augdal writes:
 > Just wanted to say that this function as well could use such a time2string
 > function. Btw, I don't think secs2TimeStr is a good thing, since most time
 > variables in vlc are in microseconds.

Okay, I've added a macro, msecstotimestr, which adds the division by
1000. Interestingly though, the majority of uses so far have been just
secstotimestr.

All of this has been added to mtime.h and mtime.c which is where there
is another time to string conversion routine.

Perhaps someone can improve - but at least we've gotten this far. The
routines I think are thread safe. And in the process I turned a
couple of sprintf's to snprintfs which I think Sam had sent a note
about a while back concerning security.