[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (rocky)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Mon Dec 8 13:58:08 CET 2003

Sigmund Augdal writes:
 > I get the sneaking feeling that you forgot a file somewhere.

No, I just haven't committed it.

 > At least I can
 > not find the function definition of the ParsePacket and the RenderSPU
 > functions. Perhaps these are not implemented yet.

Correct. One can use dummy stubs for this.

 > In that case, how far from
 > complete is this decoder?

The subtitle packets are correctly assembled and the header information is
parsed. The image data has to be extracted/reformated and what you'd expect
RenderSPU to do needs to be done.

And I have a feeling that were this done, there'd still be the dropout
problem that one gets that I suspect is caused by the MPEG decoder
getting confused by these private streams.

 > P.S: "Marginally better" is not a very good commitmessage

Okay. How about "improve modularity slightly and small improvements"