[vlc-devel] Getting media info and Disc Open

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sat Dec 13 22:48:45 CET 2003

I have been working on the "Open Disc" menu to make it specific for
the media that is to be selected and may be active.

Some things I've been thinking of changing - making the current medium
selected be the one that's currently playing or was last selected,
Also setting the number-selection maximum values allowed those which
are relevant for the medium currently selected.

The question is how to determine what media is currently playing and
making conventions for storing the information about the
medium. Unless folks have other suggestions or comments, my thought is
to pull this out of the input_Category("General").  For VCD's and
CD-DA's the new plugins store the number of tracks, segments, and
entries. The kind if media isn't stored under General, but I suppose
one add it under some common name like "Media type". Alternatively,
this information could be picked out of the "M" part of the current
MRL. But there are multiple plugins for a given media (dvdsimple vs
dvd).

Thoughts, comments?