[vlc-devel] German localization on new OSX-Interface

Felix Kühne FK at aenneburghardt.de
Sun Dec 14 00:21:59 CET 2003

Hello,
I'm currently working on an update to the german localization. I've
noticed the german strings for the new playlist-window to long, even if
I use the smallest possible translations. Those of you who can speak
german know that you cannot make "Eines wiederholen" (the translation
of "repeat item") shorter.
I think it would be much better if we could you use icon there too, so
we don't have to increase the width of the window for longer strings.
Around these icons, we could use these "rounded bevel buttons" to keep
conform to the interface guidelines. If the designer of the new
OSX-interface does not want to create these icons, I could make them,
but I think that he is more talented.

Regards,
Felix