[vlc-devel] Re: German localization on new OSX-Interface

Felix Kühne FK at aenneburghardt.de
Sun Dec 14 13:07:32 CET 2003

On Sunday, Dec 14, 2003, at 12:40 Europe/Berlin, Stephan Assmus wrote:

> "Eines wiederholen" sounds not very professional. I would make that
> "Eintrag wiederholen".
I used "Eines" because it is shorter than "Eintrag". I'll use "Eintrag"
now.

> Some translations I have come across (non vlc
> related) even sound like Baby-speech.
Yes, I know a few and I'm nerved about them too.

> An interface should simply be
> font sensitive. No sizes should be hardcoded.
I agree, but the most OSX-sizes _are_ hardcoded and because I use that
system, I notice this wrong layout.
I've posted that entry, because I think it is a good idea to use icons
there instead of strings in general. I had this idea independently to
the too long strings. These were only the last impulse to post that
idea.

Regards,
Felix