[vlc-devel] Starting localization for vlc-0.5.1

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Feb 10 23:47:26 CET 2003

Dear friends,

The strings of VLC have been frozen until the 0.5.1 release.
Localizers can now start working on localized versions of pre-0.5.1
snapshots.

The po files to translate are available here :
   http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/devtools/vlc-po-files.tar.gz
Instructions are in the README file. Please contact us in case of
trouble, or to send your .po file. Buttons and text areas may be too
narrow for localized text, please yell at us if we need to enlarge
some of them.

If you are working on a translation, please say so in the vlc-devel
mailing-list. It would be bad to duplicate efforts for the same
language...

To allow you to test your translations with pre-0.5.1 snapshots, we
have set up 0.5.1-test1 packages here :
   http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-0.5.1-test1
It also includes an OS X binary.

For developers :
  - ./toolbox --update-po shouldn't be called until the release
  - I have uploaded a new version of my /usr/local for OS X, with theora support

For the VLC team,

--
Christophe Massiot.