[vlc-devel] MPEG HD for Mac OS X

Marcelo N.Boufleur marcelo.b at teleimage.com.br
Tue Feb 11 15:42:25 CET 2003

First of all I would like to thank the entire group that developed and
support VideoLan.
It´s really a great tool and it´s helping me a lot.

I´m running some tests with Mpeg-2 on Mac OS X and VideoLan is
performing much better than Quicktime. I´m not sure if VideoLan is
intended for this purpose but it´s working great. There are only
somethings i would like to know to enhance quality and speed.

1. Is the Multiprocessing implemented in VideoLan for Mac OSX? (I´m
sure Altivec is)
2. VideoLan could take advantage of the videoboards such as ATI 8500,
if proper information would be provided?
3. Wich are the Mpeg-2 available codecs for VideoLan in Mac OSX? Do
they work with all Mpeg2 specifications (MP at HL, HP at HL)? Is VideoLan
prepared to work within this specifications?
4. What are the limitations for VideoLan and what is in work right now?
5. Does VideoLan Control work for timecodes as 23,98, 24 and 25fps?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo N. Boufleur