[vlc-devel] Re: MPEG HD for Mac OS X

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Feb 11 15:53:08 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003, Marcelo N. Boufleur wrote:

> 1. Is the Multiprocessing implemented in VideoLan for Mac OSX? (I´m
> sure Altivec is)

No. This is a long-running discussion with walken of libmpeg2. We don't
currently see how MP decoding could be efficient on current machines.

> 2. VideoLan could take advantage of the videoboards such as ATI 8500,
> if proper information would be provided?

It could, but proper information is not provided.

> 3. Wich are the Mpeg-2 available codecs for VideoLan in Mac OSX? Do
> they work with all Mpeg2 specifications (MP at HL, HP at HL)? Is VideoLan
> prepared to work within this specifications?

We support MP at HL and 422 at HL.

> 4. What are the limitations for VideoLan and what is in work right now?

It depends in which area :).

> 5. Does VideoLan Control work for timecodes as 23,98, 24 and 25fps?

We correctly decode the frame rate information of the video ES, and
output frames at the given frame rate.

--
Christophe Massiot.