[vlc-devel] Re: starting VLC by mime as helper

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Feb 24 14:24:00 CET 2003

Bart Kerver <Bart.Kerver at surfnet.nl> Wrote:

>well 0.5.1 crashes straight away (no changes to my test .vob file)
>
> > Could you also try the test version here:
> > http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.5.2-pre1-win32.zip
>
>0.5.2 works fine, just no interface (probably need to install the libs
>again).

Ok, then the problem was with the audio plugin. There's a small bug in 0.5.1 that makes it crash under certain conditions. If you select the directx audio plugin in the preferences menu in the 0.5.1 version it should solve the crash as well.

As for the interface in vlc-0.5.2-pre1 there is one but not the usual win32 one. It includes the gtk interface which should work ok unless you have forced a specific interface in the preferences menu of vlc.
Anyway, the release version of vlc-0.5.2 will include the normal interface.

Thanks for your feedback!

--
Gildas