[vlc-devel] Re: VLC Command line options

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Feb 25 11:14:23 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 08:20:33PM -0800, Chet Pressler wrote:

> I am trying to launch VLC with a URL and I want the player to come up in
> FULL Screen mode. From there I want the file to play and then exit
> automatically. During the playback I want to be able to use an IR remote
> that I have to play pause stop etc.
> 1) Is this currently possible via the cmd line?   ( I cannot see so far )

vlc --fullscreen --intf lirc <url> vlc:quit
the lirc interface works on linux, Mac Os X (if you compile lirc and vlc
from sources) and should  work on windows (if you port liblirc_client to
win32 api, and compile it and vlc from sources).

> 2) I already have the IR remote working on my box ( it sends keyboard
> keypresses) . Can someone point me to a starting point for this?

If this mean that your IR remote uses something else than lirc you should
probably drop the "--intf lirc" part of the command line, and rather setup
your IR remote to send the hotkeys available in the video window.

Hope this helps.

Sigmund