[vlc-devel] Re: VLC Command line options

Loïc Minier lool at via.ecp.fr
Tue Feb 25 11:20:45 CET 2003

[ this seems to be an user question, I suggest using vlc at videolan.org
  instead of this developers mailing-list ]

Chet Pressler <chet at pressler.com> - Mon, Feb 24, 2003:

> I am trying to launch VLC with a URL and I want the player to come up in
> FULL Screen mode. From there I want the file to play and then exit
> automatically. During the playback I want to be able to use an IR remote
> that I have to play pause stop etc.

 What you want is "vlc --intf lirc --fullscreen yourfile vlc:quit".

 Lirc is an interface suited to listen to your remote control commands
 (but you have to use the lirc daemon).

 "vlc:quit" is a special target that won't play a file but will close
 the client.

 If you want the remote control interface "lirc" AND other interfaces
 (like the gnome interface and the kde interface at the same time), use
 "vlc --intf gnome --extraintf kde,lirc".

 If you'd rather not use the lirc interface (because you need your
 remote control translated into keypresses or because your remote
 control isn't supported by lirc), you might consider using the "rc"
 command-line interface instead of "lirc".

    HTH,

--
Loïc Minier <lool at via.ecp.fr>