[vlc-devel] Re: HDTV Video File

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 26 23:23:03 CET 2003

À (At) 20:44 +0200 26/02/03, Anatoly R. écrivait (wrote) :

>Wednesday, February 26, 2003, 8:43:54 PM, you wrote:
>
>JPS> Write a tool that corrects the file, PTS and PCR's and probably the
>JPS> payload_start_unit_indicator (get a MPEG spec ;-))
>
>Thanks for the suggestion, it's obvious.
>I would do it myself and contribute to the project, but I never have
>any free time - work and real life never leave anything.
>
>I was thinking that if some other program does play it and something
>generates it, that would mean some problem on your side.

If some software decide to ignore the PTS and DTS fields of the PES,
that's their problem, and I guess they will have trouble with some
other kinds of streams. We have decided to base the decoding on PTS,
and not only does the MPEG-2 standard specify that the PTS must be
correct, but also this way of decoding follows the "spirit" of the
specification.

--
Christophe Massiot.