[vlc-devel] Re: Surround output on multi channel interfaces

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Fri Jan 10 22:26:21 CET 2003

On Vendredi, jan 10, 2003, at 20:50 Europe/Zurich, Christophe Massiot
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003, Jean-Alexis Montignies wrote:
>
>> In fact it works with all applications excepting vlc. With 0.4.6 I
>> have
>> no output, and with vlc-20030108.dmg, the sound is played on the iMac
>> audio out.
>>
>> Also if vlc would need an gui for choosing the channels (taking the
>> first channels is enough for now), and the downmixing choices (to
>> stereo, phantom center) supported by liba52.
>>
>> What's the status on this?
>
> Have you had a look at Controls->Device and Channels ?

No, I didn't. Wow it's already there :) I can see my interface in the
menu.
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Whatever I select in the menu, the
activated item and output remains the built-in audio.

May be 'Sound Output' or 'Sound Setting' would be a better name for the
menu.

You're all working too fast for me to be able to follow :)

Jean-Alexis