[vlc-devel] BeOS MediaKit generated AVIs

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Sun Jan 12 14:21:53 CET 2003

Well, they don't play... :-)

<http://www.yellowbites.com/artwork/Projekt_Karotte(DivX).avi>

is an AVI file with the sound track written after the video track was
completely written. I don't know if that is the reason for it not
playing correctly, but I think this would be a valid technique for
generating AVIs. Maybe the cause is something else. In any case, it
would be nice if VLC could play the AVI files generated on BeOS.
Fenrir, want to take a look? Sorry for the rather large download, but I
guess it wouldn't make sense to cut off some part of the file, since it
would only cut off the audio.

Best regards,
-Stephan