[vlc-devel] Re: BeOS MediaKit generated AVIs

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jan 12 18:42:28 CET 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> Well, they don't play... :-)
:((
> <http://www.yellowbites.com/artwork/Projekt_Karotte(DivX).avi>
> is an AVI file with the sound track written after the video track was
> completely written. I don't know if that is the reason for it not
> playing correctly, but I think this would be a valid technique for
> generating AVIs.

 It's legal in avi. And vlc should play it. But here there is a strange
header for audio and with the fact that all audio datas are in one big
chunk, theses make avi demux a little crazy. I known how to fix video
playing (ie without sound) but I don't known yet how I will make avi
demux happier with audio stream. I will search :)

--
fenrir