[vlc-devel] Re: New to group. Where is configure file for Mac OS X ?

Mark Whittemore markw at on2.com
Thu Jan 16 18:36:04 CET 2003

Loic, is automake something I can upgrade piece-wise on my Mac OS X ?
Or does this mean I need new developer Tools. Having to install something piecewise like this always raises a "Red Flag" in my mind ... that I might be too far behind with respect to my development environment.

Yep, looks like to some degree, I'm still operating off the April 2002 developer tools beta. I guess I would expect this to be current enough. I think I upgraded to to this using a net based patch from a potentially much older version of developer tools.

So does this also mean that configure is always made locally with bootstrap ?

From: Loïc Minier [mailto:lool at via.ecp.fr]

> The instructions for build reference it ... but I do a CVS get, and I
> cannot find configure script. I tried bootstrap (not exactly sure when
> to use that) and it said I needed automake.

 You need automake, install it, run bootstrap and if there's no error,
 you should get a configure.