[vlc-devel] Re: New to group. Where is configure file for Mac OS X ?

Nicolas Berloquin nicolas at pobox.com
Thu Jan 16 19:16:33 CET 2003

On Thursday, Jan 16, 2003, at 18:36 Europe/Paris, Mark Whittemore wrote:

> Loic, is automake something I can upgrade piece-wise on my Mac OS X ?
> Or does this mean I need new developer Tools. Having to install
> something piecewise like this always raises a "Red Flag" in my mind
> ... that I might be too far behind with respect to my development
> environment.

I know for a fact that you can get it with fink.
go to www.macupdate.com, search for 'fink'
install the package, run what they tell you to run in the readme, then
check whether automake lies in '/sw/bin'
If it's not, do a :
sudo fink install automake
or
sudo apt-get install automake

(apt-get installs binaries, fink downloads sources, compiles them then
installs them, and it can be quite
long depending on what you install).