[vlc-devel] Re: New to group. Where is configure file for Mac OS X ?

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 16 20:15:06 CET 2003

On donderdag, jan 16, 2003, at 18:00 Europe/Amsterdam, Mark Whittemore
wrote:
> New to group. Where is configure file for Mac OS X ?
>
> The instructions for build reference it ... but I do a CVS get, and I
> cannot find configure script. I tried bootstrap (not exactly sure when
> to use that) and it said I needed automake.

Just to make sure that you know where you are getting yourself into.
I'm one of the people working on the MacOSX version now. As such I like
to be able to build vlc as well as you might imagine ;-) Therefore i
set out for that this afternoon. It took me about 5 hours before i had
a fully functional build environment, that resulted in a vlc.app
It required a lot of work. I don't have time to detail it all, but
maybe i'll write down my experiences later this week.
I suggest you simply wait for the binary test releases if you don't
really active develop or something. 0.5.0-test3 will probably be out
either tonight, or tomorrow, so you can check all the nifty features
real soon.

Be aware that 0.5.0 is still not ready and bugs probably exist and plz
report those to bugzilla.videolan.org

DJ
---
Universiteit Twente