[vlc-devel] VLC 0.5.0-test3

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Fri Jan 17 00:45:52 CET 2003

Dear friends,

We would like people to test a new release of VLC, to help us debug
it before it is officially onnounced. You can download it here :

   http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-0.5.0-test3

Binary versions are available for the Mac OS X and Win32 platforms.
Other builds should be available shortly.

Please note that this is not an official release, it must not be
announced on websites or used in a production environment. It may
still contain major flaws, and the documentation is very, I mean,
_very_ outdated. The final 0.5.0 release will probably differ
slightly in terms of look and feel and features. 0.5.0-test3 fixes
some issues discovered in -test2, but not all, and has modifications
in the Mac OS X, Win32 and BeOS interfaces.

If you have bugs to report, please use our bugzilla interface :
   http://bugzilla.videolan.org/

Before reporting a bug, please check that it has not been already
reported, and include the full logs (obtained from the Messages
window). In case of a crash, we'd be delighted to have a gdb
backtrace (under OS X, use CrashReporter).

Thanks for your help.

For the VLC team,

--
Christophe Massiot.