[vlc-devel] 0.5.0test3 reports on MacOS X.
ja at sente.ch
Fri Jan 17 16:04:36 CET 2003
I tried the 0.5.0 test3.dmg build on MacOSX.
Audio is not working correctly, at least for DVDs.
1) http://www.videolan.org/vlc/bug-reporting.html is not working
(address in the message window).
2) when playing DVD from the default audio (pro speakers), the sound is
heard, but with artifacts (like it was downsampled). Any a52 stream.
3) when playing DVD from the firewire MOTU 828, the interface is
reconfigured for 44.1khz (I setted it to 48khz before launching vlc),
it should remain to 48khz.
4) the first time I got: unable to get stream format from interface. I
heard noise 2 seconds then vlc crashed.
5) following times, whatever format I choose (stereo, quad or 5.1), the
sound is output by all 8 outputs and is just noise where you can hardly
hear the movie film in background.
MacOS X 10.2.3 with MOTU 828 drivers 1.01 on a iMac. Also an imic
DVDs tried: Asterix Mission Cleopatre, le tour de M.
Let me know if you want me to fill those bugs in a database (then give
me the address).
I'll try to build again vlc with the more recent instructions I've read
on the list.
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://www.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel