[vlc-devel] Re: VLC ChangeLog

Rhialto rhialto at azenomei.knuffel.net
Thu Jan 23 14:43:53 CET 2003

On Thu 23 Jan 2003 at 14:31:44 +0100, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    I agree 1. is useless to our users. But the according to the GPL we
> must keep prominent notice of what we change.

You mean clause 2a of the GPL?

2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of
it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and
distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1
above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

     a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
     stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

This does not apply to the authors, only to others, just like the rest
of the GPL. So depending on who are the authors, and you might consider
everybody with commit access an author, you do not need to do that.

> Sam.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      -- The evil eye is caused by the black
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- tongue - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4456.