[vlc-devel] Re: On the road to 0.5.0

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Fri Jan 31 10:42:01 CET 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:44:44 +0100
 Sam Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>
> >     - set CVS version to 0.5.0-test4,
> >
> >     - downgrade major bugs that are not so major, upgrade normal bugs
> >       that are rather important,
> >     - fix all critical bugs,
> >     - fix all major bugs,
>
>    This has gone very well so far. The OS X guys have fixed almost every
> problem they had, gibalou fixed a lot of data corruption issues, and well
> pretty everyone did a great job. Only three bugs are marked "major", but
> two of them are old 0.4.x bugs that have probably disappeared. The third
> might be in libfaad2.
>
>    Can anyone think of bugs that are not in Bugzilla? Of normal bugs
> that should be major?

Yes there is still this audio bug, I've reported it on the list, but at that
time I hadn't found the bugzilla. I'm not sure someone did put it in bugzilla.

If you search the archive you will find two messages from me with subjects:
- 0.5.0test3 reports on MacOS X
- Audio on MacOS X log

The major bugs in my opinion:
*The audio does not work on my multichannel audio interface. (Well it was not
working with 0.4.6 anyway)
*The sound quality is bad (more like 64kbps mp3 than hi-fi). It was good in
0.4.6

The last version I checked was the sources from sunday morning.

I don't know if this bugs were added to bugzilla. I can do it if needed.

Jean-Alexis Montignies
http://www.sente.ch/