[vlc-devel] Re: Yet another problem with the OSX build ...

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Wed Jul 9 04:33:01 CEST 2003

DJ,

> This is strange, I have no such problems.
> I use the following.
>
> ./bootstrap && ./configure --disable-x11 --disable-xvideo
> --disable-gtk --disable-sdl --enable-ffmpeg --enable-mad
> --enable-libdvbpsi --enable-a52 --enable-dvdplay --enable-faad
> --enable-vorbis --enable-ogg --enable-theora --enable-faac
> --enable-debug --enable-mkv --enable-freetype && make
>
> More than once now i have gotten the feeling that at one time you have
> accidently installed the libraries from Massiot in /usr instead of
> /usr/local. Or that you are using fink or something like that. Could
> that be so?

That's a very good feeling <grin> ... for that was one of my problems,
but I think I fixed that the other day.  Regarding Fink, yes I have it,
perhaps I accidentally re-enabled it, I should look in the Fink shell
script and check.  What got me wondering, though, was that I never saw
-ldl as an argument to any invocation of gcc when looking at what was
actually invoked, hence the posting.  I grepped around and saw that it
was specified, but it was never used.  Weird.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou