[vlc-devel] Feature suggestion/request

Eytan Bernet ebernet at mac.com
Thu Jul 17 16:12:16 CEST 2003

Hello,
   I am not sure if this is the right forum for feature requests, but I
would love to see support for two additional compressed audio formats,
Shorten and ape (.shn and .ape). I was delighted to find that I could now
play .FLAC files on the mac, especially with the quiet disappearance of
MacAmpLiteX. Unfortunately, MacAmpLiteX will not work on the next revision
of Mac OS X, leaving us with no way to play shn and flac. There has yet to
be a .ape playback solution for the Mac. Being able to play these files will
be of immense benefit to the audio taping community.

In addition, a more friendly audio like playlist interface would be much
appreciated.

Thank you so much for a great tool.

Eytan Bernet